What is wide open in your life?
Is it a desert filled with hopelessness, dejectedness, and resignation?
Is your heart a dry and empty plain defined by shame, blame, and pain? Are there dark corners, shadowed paths, and an overall dim atmosphere to keep people out?
Is your heart a deeply rutted and overly bumpy plain defined by anger, bitterness, and resentment? Are there excessive potholes and extending speed bumps to stop all connection?
Is your heart a lifeless and lightless plain defined by fear, dread, and panic? Are there no sure paths, no true footholds, and no lighted way because you have no security?
A heart like any of these won’t lead to a life most successful or glorious. Because we have no wide open spaces for His love to penetrate. We’ve crowded out His grace with our own value and estimation of life. We’re blocking His goodness from coming in and working good in us.
He wants us to live wide open to all the possibilities He can do. And He showed us how.
Jesus spent 6 hours with His arms wide open on a cross to overcome the influence of sin over your life and to overwrite the pain of your past.
With His arms wide open, He showed you that He is bigger than your greatest fear and more powerful than your hardest circumstance.
With His arms wide open, He looked past all your bad choices and big mistakes to give you the hope and freedom of a new life.
With His arms wide open, He loved you. Right where you are, in the mess of your life. He saw the beauty of His divinely created child and died to adopt you eternally as His own.
With His arms wide open, He proved He was open about:
- Romans 5:8 – But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners
- Ephesians 3:18-19 – 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
- Psalm 103:12 – He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.
- Matthew 19:26 – Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”
- Ephesians 3:20 – Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
- Numbers 23:19 – God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?
- Isaiah 55:11 – It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
- Galatians 6:9 – So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
- Romans 8:32 – Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?
And now He stand waiting, His arms wide open, for you to come to Him. With all that you are. With every hope and dream. With every mistake and hurt. To come into his open arms and be loved. Fully. Completely. Sincerely.
And when you walk into His waiting embrace, those arms wide open will gently and lovingly embrace you in His supernatural healing love.
So will you open your arms to Him and choose grace over shame, forgiveness over anger, and confidence over fear?
He is waiting, smiling, with His arms wide open toward you.
Marie Fremin. 4/8/18