Leviticus 27:14 – “‘If anyone dedicates their house as something holy to the LORD, the priest will judge its quality as good or bad. Whatever value the priest then sets, so it will remain.”
This verse popped up to me last week in researching the word whatever. And I thought “how cool”. Because 1 Corinthians 6:19 says WE are the house of God, that He lives in us and is with us in our day-to-day doings. And with the Cross He places immeasurable value on us, declaring us worthy and holy and redeemed! Nothing we do will change His opinion of us or sway His love for us. He is always for us, always loves us, and always wants His best for us.
He demonstrates this by how He talks about us in His Word.
He keeps us continually in His sight, so He is intimately connected to us.
- Psalm 17:8 – Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings
- Isaiah 49:16 – See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls [O Zion] are continually before Me.
We were on His mind at creation.
- Ephesians 1:4-6 – 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
We have been lovingly formed and purposely created by a loving Father who designed us to be a unique reflection of His grace and beauty.
- Psalm 139:1-4 – O Lord, You have searched me and known 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
- Psalm 139:13 – For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
We are known inside and out, down to our most intricate and intimate detail.
- Matthew 10:30, Luke 12:7 – But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
We are His poem of love speaking out into a broken and dark world.
- Ephesians 2:10 – For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
He has good plans and grace-filled purposes designed especially for us.
- Jeremiah 29:11-13 – 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
We are covered by His love, which is an impenetrable fortress that cannot be destroyed.
- Romans 8:35-39 – 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
What does this mean?
You are loved.
You are cherished.
You are purpose-filled and grace-full.
You are known.
You are always welcome.
You are forgiven.
You are marked.
You are marked by the Creator who thought about you during creation. You are marked by the Father who gave His only Son so He can call you His own. You are marked by Jehovah, God of any and all needs you have.
You are loved. You are marked. If you haven’t done so already, run to God. He is waiting for you with open and accepting arms.
Marie Fremin. 2/16 and 4/6/16.